Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Pursuit of Time Management

I've found a new blog called Passionate Homemaking that has inspired much needed organization in my life. I've always thought I was pretty organized as Billy gives me a hard time weekly about my obsession with baskets and bins for our spare baskets and bins :) But for many months my days have left me feeling unaccomplished and quite frazzled to say the least. My finances in one place, my coupons in another place, grocery lists in one room while family calendar in another... I found myself getting frustrated and annoyed over the little things and one day in stillness before the Lord I realized what a [negative] impact it was having on my family. The Lord has been showing me how to conquer this and I am grateful for His guidance. One of the biggest problem areas was how my week was planned (or not so planned). God has been teaching me so much about my role and how praying over and planning out my week can radically transform the tone and feel of my home.

Inspired by this lovely post, Building a Home Planning Notebook, I've been organizing my life and home little by little. At first I was skeptical thinking there was no room for spontaneity, no room for random opportunities or any flexibility. But as I've prayed through each day and each week God has proven me wrong and shown me that 1. planning ahead of time makes our home much more peaceful; and 2. God is sovereign and He leads me to people and opportunities in the midst of the daily plans. It's really been neat to see His plans for me and how getting organized has actually given me more opportunities to see Him in the midst of my day. I feel like there is a pep in my step and a little more peace in my soul!

Each Friday (hopefully) I'll post a new section of my notebook and how we got a little more organized... I hope this helps bring a little more organization into your new year!

1 comment:

  1. Passionate Homemaking has been such a great blog resource for me too.

    I can't wait to hear about your notebook. I've started mine but its very rough right now. I think once we get settled into our apartment, I can devote time to working on each section. I know it will help me to see what you're doing with yours.

    -Anne

    ReplyDelete