Thursday, January 20, 2011

Home Planning Notebook - Section 1

As promised, here's the first section of my Home Planning Notebook (a day early, at that!). I feel like a dork writing this...but as I said before it's been a big help to me. If you didn't read the previous post, check it out here before reading ahead. I didn't like any of the clip arts or free planning pages that I found online so I decided to make my own with some clipart I found on etsy. It's amazing what you can find on there!

The first section in my notebook, my calendar, is the smallest but for me the most important. I am very forgetful and tend to commit to something or think of something that I need to do and then forget what it was that I needed to do or who I made plans with. What am I, like 80??? It's been helpful for me to look the night before at what I have going on the next day and write down anything that needs to be done instead of starting my day wondering what's going on....

Here's the front:
This verse really spoke to my heart as I was working on this... my plans are ultimately to submit to the Lord, whatever that may look like for the day/month/year.


Next is my daily list of to-do's.
As I saw in another blog I broke it up into three sections. This was to help with feeling overwhelmed with one long list and realistically breaking it up into what will work for my day. Of course things come up and sometimes what's on my list doesn't get accomplished, but it helps having it laid out in small clusters of the day.


The last section is my monthly and yearly calendars:
I keep track of everything we have going on for the month here and reference it often. At first I thought I'd have to have separate calendars for different things - one for my notebook, one on the computer, one in my purse to schedule appts. and so on. But it just so happens that one of the perks of carrying a big purse is being able to carry my notebook with me :D So, sweet husband of mine, there is indeed a purpose to my "luggage" as you like to call it ;)

After the calendar is the rest of the year to keep up with things in coming months and then I keep blank daily to-do sheets after that.


And there's the start to my notebook, folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment