Friday, January 28, 2011

Gotta love updates


I just love a good home update. And thanks to my ever-so-handy husband we got to do that very thing to our kitchen. Our kitchen is relatively small so counter and storage space is very limited.

Here is before:
This cabinet was a hand me down from Billy's parents which we were so grateful for. It's served us well in the past 2 years but as our family is growing (along with my cookbook collection...) we needed something more practical - storage space, counter space, display space and of course kid friendly. So how do you do this on a budget? You buy some wood from Lowe's and cut, sand, nail/screw, paint, sand, paint some more...and voila! You have this lovely gem!




(I'm sure my husband would beg to differ on the simplicity of the above process!)


Then we added some shelves above the top in order to provide the display space I was looking for. Thanks to Billy's hard work we now have 4 more feet of counter space, a longer shelf for my cookbooks, a big basket full of tupperware (Luke's distraction while I cook) and more storage space for our bakeware in the drawers. We found really fun blue knobs at World Market - a set for just $4.

So here's a big shout out to that most amazing-creative-talented-hardworking-husband of mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment