Thursday, January 6, 2011

Luke Lately: just under 11 months


I can't believe my little...ok big...boy will be 1 year in just over a month. In the past week it's like his brain has skyrocketed in development and I really need to write it all down before I forget. So instead of going to find a blank piece of paper & working pen, writing everything down, not having anywhere to put said piece of paper and then losing it...I thought I'd jot down some thoughts on here really quickly before little...big...boy wakes up from his nap.

Words:
He is talking like a crazy man. From the moment he wakes up til the minute he falls asleep he jabbers up a storm. Billy and I can usually get him going on the words he knows and last night he surprised me with two more as we were reading his favorite "Colors" book. Here's a running list...
Ball - "baw"
Dada - "dadada"
Mama - "mamama"
More - "mooow"
Hot - "haaahhh" - this is by far his favorite word. Anytime a timer goes off, the microwave is finished or the oven beeps he races to the kitchen and says, "haahh"
Go - "gogogo" Guess he likes the succession of 3's??
Wyatt - "woof"
Night Night - "nyny"
Bottle/Milk - "baba"
Banana - "nananananana..." he keeps going until he runs out of breath
Nana - "nana"
Papa/Grandpa - "PawPaw"
"All Done" - Waves his hands in the air and says a few jibbery words
And his two newest additions: Blue - "bubu", Yellow - "elloello", Cracker - "caca"

Favorite Foods:
My easy eater has recently become a little more picky. He's not very interested in ground meats of any sort. He loves most noodles, almost all vegetables and has a love affair with blueberries. I think his running favorite is still bananas. Or at least he just likes to say bananas. He's very into carbs and his new treat Graham Crackers. He also loves cheerios.

Favorite Activities:
He got a tunnel for Christmas from my cousin Nicole so he loves crawling in and out of it to get to Billy or I. He also loves sitting on the colored rug and looking at books. He loves going outside on walks and exploring cabinets of all kinds. He is still obsessed with any or all electronics that are NOT children's toys. He's also obsessed with keys.

Favorite Books:
Peek-a-boo Baby, Color Party, Goodnight Kisses. He finds it very entertaining to make kissing sounds and when the book reads, "Who likes ______ kisses? Meeee!" He responds with "Mama!" instead of "Me" :) It's true...I love snuggly, fluffy, happy, squeaky and goodnight kisses.

Favorite Person:
DADADA. I think I'm going to take a video camera with me on Friday when we drop Billy off at work so you can get an honest understanding of his love for his dada. Full. Blown. Meltdown. Any time Billy leaves the room, house or car crocodile tears are sure to follow. It was really sweet the first or second time. It's getting a little old now.

1 comment:

  1. O didn't like ground beef for a while either. I think it's a texture thing! Can't believe you're going to have a 1 year old soon!

    ReplyDelete