Saturday, January 29, 2011

I will not be silent

My heart is heavy tonight after I read a nauseating article and letter from a victim of human and sexual trafficking. She is pleading to the Super Bowl Host & National Football league to take a stand against the horrific increase of sexual trafficking that is going to take place this year. Did you know that last year during the 2010 Super Bowl, it was reported that there were tens of thousands of victims. My heart dropped to my stomach. As I continued reading her plea my soul grew angry...weary...sick and saddened for these silenced women that are being forced, abused, threatened, and even killed all for the sake of guilty pleasure. These girls are in their young teens...they are being fooled and tricked into a life of slavery. They are in our country. They are in the most populated city of the year. For what? For the Super Bowl. To be sold for sex. And the men who are visiting these women, these young girls... couldn't. care. less.

So tonight I cannot be silent. I must voice this to my KING. I must cry out to Him on behalf of these precious daughters. I must beg that He would put an end to this, that He would create a movement among these people that are receiving the letter. That they would NOT GIVE IN to promote the human trafficking industry. That redemption would be found for these girls. That the pimping industry would be NO MORE. So I ask you tonight, would you join me? Would you pray over these women and men in the coming days?


You can find the article and letter here. You can also find a prayer guide for the campaign, Traffic911 here.

For more information on human trafficking you can visit change.org or www.warinternational.org.

These children, teenagers and women need a voice....

No comments:

Post a Comment