Thursday, November 7, 2013

Freezer Muffins

The title of this post doesn't do it justice.  Freezer muffins are life altering.  Truly.  My life changed when I found out about it.  Why, you may ask?  Think hot, warm, FRESH muffins any time of day without having to make them on the spot.  Guests coming on a whim?  No problem, let me throw some fantastically awesome blueberry muffins in the oven right quick.  Taking care of kids all day with no time to make a quick treat for your Bible Study ladies?  On it.  House smell like diapers and in need of a "I promise I do more than chance diapers" pick me up?  No?  Anyone?  Ok.  Don't feel like waking up at 5:30 am just to make your family a warm breakfast?  Please, and thank you.

So, here's my little secret.  I've held on to it for a while wanting it to be all mine but I feel like there's some pride to that in fooling everyone I'm a happy little baker and have time (hah!) to bake all the day long.  So without much further ado...

Make your batter.  Pour it in your lined muffin tins. Pop that tray of raw muffins in the freezer.  Let them freeze.  Pop them out and into a storage bag.  Label said bag with oven temperature and cooking time.  Next time you want some muffins, pop some of those suckers in the oven and voila: You're awesome. 

And if you want to get CRAZY make your muffins in bulk.  Bake a few in the moment.  Save a fewer for later.  And make a few varieties all in one day.  Then you can heat up whichever muffins you want...whenever you want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment