Monday, April 5, 2010

The Small Things

Since the dramatic (and slightly traumatic) birth of our son, Luke, we have been bombarded with hospital bills. I think every day we get a surprise in the mail. Thankfully, we have insurance, but I’m pretty sure we’re going to meet every out of pocket max for each member of the family by April 15. Because of the big bills we’ve really had to watch our money wisely, more carefully than before, which is especially hard for me. I like to buy things, namely clothes or baby items, but I’ve had to crack down on my spending habits. Lately I’ve really wanted to get Luke a different diaper bag. Doesn’t seem like a big deal, right? I don’t really like his and it makes me frustrated every time I have to use it - it folds up or I can’t find something in one of the 183 pockets on the inside. I’ve been looking very specifically and some LLBean totes with his name on it, but have been reminded by my dear husband that it wouldn’t be wise right now and hospital bills or getting out of debt might be higher on the list :) Tonight, some sweet friends came to visit Luke for the first time. And would you believe, that their gift to Luke happened to be the very LLBean bag I’ve been looking at for a month? And I can assure you that I did not tell them or anyone else about it. Even though it’s such a small thing, it reminded me that God cares even about the small day to day stuff...Praise Him. I can’t help but smile every time I see those little letters on Luke’s new bag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment