Monday, April 5, 2010

First day of intentional gratitude

I was challenged this week by a friend’s precious list to start living with intentional gratitude. So many times throughout the day my prayers to the Lord look like this:

“Lord, please let him sleep...”

“Lord, please bring him home safely...”

“Lord, give me patience.”

“Lord, help me to be a servant right now.”

“Lord, help me fall asleep.”

Yet He has given me SO much and I often forget to spend time thanking him throughout the day with intention. So here we go:

Lord, thank You for...

1-Luke’s first intentional sweet smiles this morning.

2-a hot, QUIET shower, without any crying in the background :)

3-grandparents so close and the my opportunity to go grocery shopping this morning knowing Luke was getting snuggled by a loved one.

4-friends that want to pray for us.

5-technology and being able to communicate with Billy in various ways while he is on the road traveling.

6-peace while Billy is traveling. And my sweet friends and family that take care of me while he is away.

7-the fabulous hot chocolate I had last night.

8-being there, always, and giving me energy in the middle of the night.

9-Your words the other night reminding me to long for you alone. And thank you for a message the next morning that hit that truth home even more. Your timing is perfect.






No comments:

Post a Comment