Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Intentional Gratitude Post #2

I have much to be thankful for...and on days that I find myself getting frustrated or distracted from the many blessings He's given us, it is amazing how spending time praising Him turns things around so very quickly.

Lord, thank you so much for

#10 - The miracle of LIFE.
#11 - getting to watch Luke grab his blanket and pull it up to his cheeks on purpose.
#12 - Bringing my husband home safely from Missouri
#13 - Peanut M&M's that Billy picked up on his way home from the airport - and a husband who picks up on little things that make me smile, like a bag of peanut M&M's
#14 - Grandaddy Paul who is here to visit and who is so great with Luke. Another morning out to run errands was such a blessing.
#15 - fellow moms that make themselves available for my MANY questions throughout the day...and my other fellow moms that spend time venting with me as we figure out what the heck we're doing :)
#16 - the opportunity to stay at home and watch my son grow daily.
#17 - a weekend away on the coast with my family
#18 - Always meeting me where I'm at, no matter what. Your timing is perfect and Your Word speaks to me in fresh ways on a regular basis. And even not so regular when I put spending time with you last. Thank your for your patience with me.
#19 - My friend Julianne that spends the night with me when Billy is out of town, making me feel more safe and able to sleep better knowing someone else is in the house.
#20 - Our dog, Wyatt... Forgive me for losing patience with him on a regular basis.
#21 - A day with my brother and sister in law yesterday in Wilmington, and the BEAUTIFUL weather
#22 - the clouds today - I was needing some clouds.
#23 - a kitchen full of food...we are so thankful for Your provision.
#24 - Luke getting at least 1 good nap today instead through all of them.
#25 - Most of all, thanks for waiting on me. Thanks for sticking around when I find myself drained at the end of the day and not wanting to spend time with you. Thanks for not giving up when I wake up in the morning and put other things first. Thanks for choosing love all the time.

Lately we have been trying to conquer naps. Lucas - aka "Mr. No Nap" isn't too crazy about his daily naps. He loves to get in his crib and he loves to get snuggled in his blanket - preferably over his cheeks and up to his nose with his bear thingy covering his eyes - but about 45 min. into his nap, he wakes up. Not nicely, but instead screaming. Every nap we try something new. So far, today he's had a morning nap that halfway worked, an afternoon nap that halfway worked, and we'll see how this 2nd afternoon nap goes :) Despite the many guessing games we play on a daily basis, the poopy pants, cryfests during nap time, and the other various challenges that come with raising a child, I absolutely LOVE being a mom. I love the gift of being a parent and I love watching him change daily. I've learned to just laugh in the midst of my frustrations and roll with it. Every day is something new and God continues to generously give me wisdom, patience and understanding in this exciting adventure.

We are getting ready to go away for our first weekend as a family of 3 (4 if you count Wyatt. I can say with confidence that he thinks he is the center of this family). I'm very excited to get away and trying to wrap my mind around what all it takes to travel with a baby. Thankfully he's in the sleepy-car stage so driving won't be so bad, and I'm convinced I can fit all of the baby paraphernalia in one duffel bag. Am I crazy?? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment