Thursday, January 26, 2012

4 Days and counting...

Just 4 more days until we meet our sweet Everett! I wish I knew his full name but a few weeks ago Billy decided he didn't like William anymore so we are tossing around a few other ideas. As you may recall with Luke it took Billy FOREVER to find a name that I suggested and he loved. Finally a couple days before Luke was born I called him at work and this was our conversation:
Lily - "I'm at the craft store and need to buy letters for his room. Pick a first name."
Billy -"Lucas"
Lily - "Ok, middle name options are Manning or Michael. Go."
Billy - "Michael."
Lily - "Awesome, see you tonight!"

So...who knows, maybe we'll decide when we see him :)

Ok, back to 4 more days!! This week every day has been our "last day" before we are a family of 4. Today is our last Thursday which means the last time I clean house and do laundry for only 3 of us. Tomorrow is our last play date with friends before I try and get out of the house with 2 kiddos. Last night Billy and I went out to dinner and it was our last date leaving just 1 kid behind! So crazy to think about but as Billy and I often chat before falling asleep we are just so excited to see the joy this baby brings to our family!! Luke is a delight. He is exhausting and full of energy, and lately full of naughty. But oh my gracious we love it. We are constantly laughing together and seeing life through the eyes of our precious almost-two-year-old. Don't get me wrong. It is straight up crazy-town most days when you walk through our front door. And some nights I am in tears confessing to my husband how I totally bombed the day... But it's a good crazy. A learning crazy...a growing crazy... And in 4 days we will be adding another kind of crazy to the mix :)

A quick update from the Dr - I'm making some progress surprisingly, but this baby is still holding onto my tonsils. In fact, yesterday at my appointment my precious Dr. looked at me while feeling my belly and said, "He's so high that I am holding his head in one hand and his bottom in the other." It's true. She was. But she said from holding him like that he's definitely not as big as Luke. So we are winning there. I go back again tomorrow to see if there's any more progress before we decide about going in on Sunday night versus Monday morning. Personally I just want to get this show on the road and go ahead in on Sunday night but who knows, maybe I will go into labor! But probably not.

This week I've been anxious, wondering through all the "what-if's." I have lost a lot of sleep thinking about the terrible, unable to focus on the promises of God. On Tuesday night out of desperation for sleep I asked Billy to pray over me before we turned the lights out. One thing he prayed for specifically was for the Lord to give me dreams of our little baby boy, that I would find comfort knowing that He has already gone before us and knows the special day and time for this baby. I woke up so refreshed after a full night's sleep AND a sweet sweet dream of our big, but to us seeming so tiny, baby that in my dream had already been born. Thank you, Lord!! What a gift!

God has given me many promises through his Word. While we do not know what will happen, He does. And he will carry us through whatever happens, just like He always has. I invite you to pray with us over the coming days. For my anxiety, for a healthy and uneventful delivery for Everett and I, and for a sweet transition into our new life of 4.

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13

"It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Lily! I'm so excited for ya'll :) Praying for you dear!

    ReplyDelete