Wednesday, March 5, 2014

We moved: as told through my iPhone

I just told Billy that I at this moment while I am not sad, nor happy, angry or upset,  I am so mentally and physically exhausted that I could cry at any moment.  Full tears.  ugly cry.  for no reason.  And while that makes absolutely no sense, I am hormonal and pregnant and have been couped up with my kids in a mini van and a hotel room for 4 days.  4. long. days. YALL.  Ok only 3.  But still.  

So without brain dumping every overly emotional thought that comes to mind in this moment, because let's be honest, as my kids are asleep (in the back of my mini van, of course) this will be the only time that I actually have to process a full, complete and coherent thought or sentence, even if it is overly emotional, I will leave you with just pictures.  That may or may not have been a coherent [run on] sentence.  Oh and I will give captions, too.  

Here's what moving with the Grimme's has looked like....
Our atlas moving truck with the best team ever.  I laughed that they brought a truck this big.  Now I am crying that it was actually full and they are bringing every last piece into our new [1000sq ft smaller] residence. 

Um.  The worlds best going away gift.  Given by the worlds best friends.  Now I might be crying because I miss my girlfrands. 

Cute, right?  Morning of day 2's drive.  Our 8 hour drive took 12.  No big deal.  My kids and 75 lb Weimaraner loved all the togetherness almost as much as I did.  

Move in day we woke up to a fresh 4 inches of snow on top of the 37inches that were already there.  I wish I could say I stayed warm and cozy inside.  I tried.  But the doors being open for the movers all day gave me the option of sitting on the floor inside a 48 degree house or getting back in my mini van with my kids and dog.  I opted for the 48 degrees.  I might sell the van on Craigslist after this trip.  Sh.  Don't tell Billy.......

Did I mention they are sick?

And have been wearing the same pajamas longer than 24 hours?

Well.  That's it for now.  

*disclaimer: I am tired.  And love my kids.  And love that we feel led to this place.  I am not bitter.  I am blessed by the most amazing husband who brings me m&m's and diet coke and puts up with me.  And I'm also listening to a great album I haven't paid attention to in a while titled Live at The Banks House: Will Raegen.  Good for the soul, y'all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment