Friday, August 12, 2011

San Fran 2011

It's very peaceful in our home right now, and rare is the day that I'm actually awake to enjoy it. Short rest, quiet snack, bills paid, pictures uploaded, and what's that? Even a blog post!

Billy and I had the awesome opportunity to go on a vacation to San Francisco just the two of us...what a breath of fresh air!! Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but getting to sleep in and eat on my own schedule was such a treat. It was a very relaxing, laid back, do what we want-when we want kind of trip full of uninterrupted meals and conversation. To that I say YES! And did I mention it was a cool, breezy, overcast 62 degrees while we were there? Hello jeans, sweaters and clam chowder :)

The first day we spent driving through the mountains visiting various beaches and forests - truly amazing how there are such vast differences in landscape so close to each other. We also ventured to Sausalito, a very quaint town with a few fun shops and delicious cafes. The next day we spent drove around some more looking at lots of beautiful (and oh so expensive) neighborhoods filled with lambhorginis, porsches, ya know the usual... We also went over to Palo Alto for dinner and dessert, another fun town with a little shopping. My favorite day was just staying in the city and making our way through Fisherman's Wharf and Fort Point, sipping on mochas and eating a giant bowl of clam chowder on the water. A cool breeze, cozy sweater and hot bowl of soup brings my heart much joy amidst the 104 degrees we've been experiencing here in NC. It was so nice to just spend time enjoying my awesome man of a husband. I love that 3 years and a baby and a half later we are still the same "us." Luke has changed us for the better but he hasn't taken over our marriage which was a huge fear of mine. It was a great escape for the two of us and when we came home we were able to love our sweet little man even better. Shout out to Nana and Papa who kept our boy happy and full while we were away :)

Here's a few from our trip:







No comments:

Post a Comment