Monday, August 29, 2011

Baby #2!!!


We are so thrilled to have seen our sweet little BOY number two today!!! I really feel like the Lord has been telling me to pray for an Abigail before we even got pregnant but today I woke up and thought - Abigail is for later whether our adopted daughter or biological. But today I will wear blue for boy. And I was right!

Everything about this pregnancy (minus the morning sickness) has been so different emotionally. I feel like now that we know how precious life is and how precious parenting is, we are so much more drawn and excited to this pregnancy. Not that we weren't before, we were of course thrilled with Luke. But this time we know how beautiful it is on this side of things and to get to see our precious boy in my belly today was absolutely wonderful. We came home with a CD full of 3D and what is it - 2D? images for free and our ultrasound tech's excitement was so awesome the entire time. With every toe, finger and heart beat that we saw she talked to our baby as if it were her own. Very sweet.

This time around my weight has been a huge issue (as in, don't gain 55 pounds please) but after seeing that we're having another boy and he's already measuring ahead despite my low weight gain we are confident that Billy & Lily Grimme make long babies :) Here are a few pictures to date - we will have another ultrasound at 28 weeks and 38 weeks to make sure there are no surprises upon delivery and to decide how to move forward with delivery. After today we decided induction is not on the table so we will either have a miraculous natural delivery before 39 weeks or a C-Section at 39 weeks.

Here are a few pictures of our precious son number 2!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on another boy!!! I wish I didn't have such great benefits delivering at WakeMed (since I work there) because I've heard such great things about your doctor's office... and here again! How is he measuring ahead? I'm curious to know if ours is going to be big and/or long :)

    ReplyDelete