Saturday, November 26, 2011


The past few months the Lord has given me such a heart of thanks and for that alone I am thankful. I've tried to do a "thankful thought per day" but let's be honest - there are entirely too many things to be thankful for to just narrow it down to one a day. I am thankful for new life in Him. I'm thankful that His mercies are new each and every morning. I'm thankful that when my Savior looks upon me He sees His perfect spotless lamb in my place. I am thankful for what we see as trials He sees as blessings. I'm thankful that while many days I think our meal options may be limited there is always a hot meal to put on the table. I'm thankful I can worship with my family and friends freely. I'm thankful for my boys and a home full of life. I'm thankful for God's provision through various jobs while I get to stay home with Luke. I'm thankful for His sustaining energy. I'm thankful that at the end of the day when my heart is troubled or worn out, when I am grieving for a loved one or overwhelmed with responsibility, my God is still Good and He is still enough.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. -Matthew 11:28-30

Here's a little peak into our Thanksgiving, which was full of family and food:

Luke sharing his Wall of Turkeys (and thankful tree). Luke's current obsession/fascination is seizing any and every opportunity to use a glue stick.



Delicious spread with a Note of Thanks to each of our guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment